Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: fe-3darcade wip: even crazier...a working jukebox ;-)  (Read 3561 times)

)p(

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2009, 03:38:15 am
  • We are the Galaxians...
    • Emulaxian:cabinet and frontend
fe-3darcade wip: even crazier...a working jukebox ;-)
« on: July 17, 2002, 01:29:21 pm »
And...I went even crazier...a working jukebox! As you can see you can select, any number of playlists right on the jukebox! Even more funky for you guys that have rm video enabled in the fe...the menu is overlayed on a spinning video texture that is also used on the record for a spinning effect! :-) This is a new general menu system that can be overlayed on any (animated) texture and can be used for selecting music, selecting movies directly on the movie screen while another movie can still be playing and in the future probably for gates were you can select to go to another room without leaving the fps arcade.

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
Re:fe-3darcade wip: even crazier...a working jukebox ;-)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 05:07:00 pm »
Dude this is looking AWESOME!

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 01:59:27 am »
Thanks  ;D

It is also a bit crazy in other ways spending a night making a jukebox for the arcade because I think they look a bit hideous and I myself have never used music mp3's before, but an arcade just has to have one ;)

Peter

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 04:20:03 pm »

It is also a bit crazy in other ways spending a night making a jukebox for the arcade because I think they look a bit hideous and I myself have never used music mp3's before, but an arcade just has to have one ;)

Ah i beg to differ, I think it is an excellent idea to include the jukebox, not just to ambience but functionality as well.  Plus it would add broader appeal to the masses who need an all in one.  I think Wurlitzer bubble jukeboxes look really cool.  Sounds much cooler than what I am going to use: I am working on a simple graphical menu that loads up right away.  I made it with Easy Menu Builder(I'm not much of a programmer, but I am a graphic designer so it looks cool at least).  Their website is http://quickmenubuilder.free.fr/Menu.php

Anyways - will the sound be enviromental like FPS games?  I'm not talking surround sound for a cabinet, but stereo? That is, will it sound like the music is coming from the jukebox itself, quieter as you're farther away and louder as you get closer?  That would really add some atmosphere as you're moving around your frontend.  

Good luck!  

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 05:49:46 pm »

Anyways - will the sound be enviromental like FPS games?  I'm not talking surround sound for a cabinet, but stereo? That is, will it sound like the music is coming from the jukebox itself, quieter as you're farther away and louder as you get closer?  That would really add some atmosphere as you're moving around your frontend.  

Good luck!  

Good idea... It is allready like that for the "normal" video on the cabinets...when you come closer to a cab the sound of the video gets louder. I probalby should adjust this in the fpsarcade so that the effect is more dramatic...is is now very sublte...

Peter

Tweder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2002, 09:38:44 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2002, 11:40:17 pm »
where do I get it!?

)p(

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2002, 02:14:02 am »

where do I get it!?

As mentioned...the pics are work in progress for the new version..but I hope to finish it up this week or next week...

Peter