Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PIN not found.  (Read 250 times)

Tibere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2024, 08:34:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
PIN not found.
« on: May 10, 2024, 06:51:24 am »
I bought a VORTEX JVL TOUCH MATE (iTOUCH 9) ;D .

I wanted to change some settings, but I need a PIN and where I bought it is a recycling store and no one knows the old PIN  :'( .

Is there a universal PIN so I can change settings?

Please if anyone can tell me the PIN code I would be very grateful.
 ;D
Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:09:40 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: PIN not found.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 02:12:38 pm »
other than trying random things like "0000" "1111" "1234" there was no default code... JVL had no code originally so someone put one on there.

you'll have to reset the system to clear out the code...as it's stored in the IO board. you'll have to remove the battery on it to clear the memory in it (difficult in this machine, as it's soldered in place.)... then boot it up and reset or reinstall the software to original state to totally clear it out and start fresh.

there is a good chance your IO board is going to need the battery replaced anyway... now is a good time to do it.

that said, if someone who owned this machine had megatouch machines too, they may have reused the code from that to keep them the same...the code for those is "4123" and older ones "4777"

if you do manage to get in, you can clear out the code, or change it to something you will remeber.