Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT tv has vertical scroll only at288 resolution at 51hz.  (Read 205 times)

Dorthensensens

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 02:36:38 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
CRT tv has vertical scroll only at288 resolution at 51hz.
« on: April 21, 2024, 11:34:00 pm »
One of my crts cannot play games like Pac-Man when switchres tries to use anythingx288 for resolution without having a scrolling sync problem. It’s only on my 20” tv. Is there a way I can force the resolution to use something else?  Or is there some other solution that would be better?  Thank you

pakoman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:36:10 am
Re: CRT tv has vertical scroll only at288 resolution at 51hz.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 09:55:57 am »
Maybe you can use 280 lines and crop 4 lines up and down ?

Would increase the hz too.

Or as it seems you have several screens, why not rotating the TV and use the native resolution for vertical games?

Dorthensensens

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 02:36:38 pm
Re: CRT tv has vertical scroll only at288 resolution at 51hz.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 10:37:19 am »
Thank you for the reply. When you say to crop some of the lines, are you referring to changing crt emu driver settings?  I was playing around with the monitor defaults but I’m afraid of breaking things. Any advice on how to properly do so will be appreciated.

And yes if I turn it side ways it works perfectly except this tv is in a fixed arcade cabinet running multiple duties to play various landscape and portrait games. Donkey kong for example works fine. It’s only resolutions like Pac-Man that cause me an issue on that specific tv.