Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I-PAC4 Xinput  (Read 333 times)

wingsta96

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 11:36:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I-PAC4 Xinput
« on: April 09, 2024, 10:12:27 am »
Howdy all,

I have a 4p arcade machine with LED Buttons, LED Blinky and 4 way to 8way sticks on P1 and P2.  Everything is working well but I'm having a small issue with the X-Input mode on the IPAC. I emailed Andy form Ultimarc and he basically said they recommend avoiding Xinput unless the application can't use anything else. 

I wanted Xnput for Xbox 360 games and pc games on the system.  I have tried x360ce and it does work but I could only get it to do P1, when i select P2 button assignment and choose keyboard it just cancels out P1.  Although I can just plug in controllers for these games I wanted to ask people what they do.  Mainly the fighting games would be great to use the arcade buttons for if possible.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:49:54 pm
Re: I-PAC4 Xinput
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 10:55:19 am »
Better to leave the iPAC in keyboard mode.  I use 'keyboard2xinput' to convert keyboard to xinput controls for games that need it. 

https://gitlab.com/SchwingSK/Keyboard2Xinput

wingsta96

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 11:36:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: I-PAC4 Xinput
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 11:37:04 pm »
Thank you I will try it out. Appreciate the advice.