Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Adjusting Screen with ArcadeOSD ?  (Read 330 times)

trev1976

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 02:25:00 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Adjusting Screen with ArcadeOSD ?
« on: March 16, 2024, 03:50:30 pm »
Hi ,

My screen is off centre in GM and i've been messing around with ArcadeOSD today but I have a slight problem.

I can adjust the test screen fine and it looks great but when I go into a game its back to off centre.

I managed to get the desktop resolution to stick but not the games.

I have a work around at the moment,  where I can go into a game , go back to desktop and open ArcadeOSD and adjust and that works but once the game is shut down its back to being off centre.

Any ideas ?

Thanks 😊

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Adjusting Screen with ArcadeOSD ?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 09:17:04 pm »
there is a guide to VMM and ArcadeOSD - http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=46

VMM sets up modelines and installs them. ArcadeOSD adjusts them. And you can save the adjustments. But the switchres utility in GroovyMAME, which is where the magic happens, uses the timings in the mame.ini file. When playing with ArcadeOSD, remember that Esc will back out of any changes.

To make adjusted timings stick for GM you can either redo VMM with updated timings in the monitor.ini, or instead you can just edit the mame.ini file with the updated horizontal timings (starting with the crt_range0 line, which for the generic_15 monitor preset defaults to crt_range0 15625-15750, 49.50-65.00, 2.000, 4.700, 8.000, 0.064, 0.192, 1.024, 0, 0, 192, 288, 448, 576 - remember that your monitor may want a different preset, and that any specific vertical.ini, machine.ini like neogeo.ini, or game.ini files will override). Calamity insists redoing VMM works best, but i find that with the spread of modes i'm using (230p at 60Hz all the way up to 600i at 50Hz) on different monitors, i still want to set the mame.ini timings afterward.

trev1976

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 02:25:00 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Adjusting Screen with ArcadeOSD ?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 10:58:53 am »
Hi

Thanks , I think I've sorted it.  Not sure if it's the correct way but it worked.

Adjusted via ArcadeOSD , copy to clipboard and then enter values into my mame.ini crtrange.

Had to delete a few lines of text to get it right but seems good.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 03:18:15 pm by trev1976 »