Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovyarcade Setup Questions  (Read 415 times)

Tempest_2084

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 03:48:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Groovyarcade Setup Questions
« on: February 26, 2024, 09:54:16 pm »
I have a few questions about setting up Groovyarcade, hopefully they're not answered somewhere else.  I'm using GroovyArcade with my PVM 1943MD via an Radeon R7 260X. 

1. The main OS screen is shifted too far right.  I can shift the image to center for the actual emulator, but not the OS screen.  Is there a fix for this?

2. Can GroovyArcade do C-Sync?  Right now I'm using H and V Sync and it works fine (via an old VGA monitor cable that used BNC connectors), but I want to use this with my SCART switchbox which means I need to use C-Sync.

3.  I have a bunch of roms on a second drive (not the boot drive).  How do I access these from the emulator to add them?  It's actually a Windows formatted drive but it should show up in Linux.  I looked in /mnt but it's not showing up.  I think I need to mount it first, but I'll be darned if I remember how to do that through the command line

4. Assuming I can't read the windows drive, how can I format and auto mount this second drive so I can store roms on it?  The drive is much larger than the boot drive and I'd like to use it.

Substring

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:52:06 pm
  • Forking GroovyArcade
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160023.0.html
    • GroovyArcade active fork
Re: Groovyarcade Setup Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 02:15:48 pm »
I guess you had all your answers on discord ;)

but for others :

1. Once you've centered your screen using the geometry tool, you must set a custom resolution as of you wanted to change your boot resolution

2. No, can't csync. There are tons of ways to achieve csync out of your computer

3. and 4. : yeah, manually, with a few things to edit here and there