Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X arcade tankstick adapter  (Read 509 times)

Blidge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 08:11:31 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
X arcade tankstick adapter
« on: February 25, 2024, 03:30:26 pm »
Hi all, hopefully I'll get a quick response to this.

I've got a old dual joystick tankstick without a ball, with Ps2 and female 9pin attached.

Is there an alternative to the x arcade adapter which is real expensive for me, to connect to my super console x2 pro?

Any help is much appreciated guys, gals etc

Regards
Blidge

HitmanHart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 06:37:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: X arcade tankstick adapter
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 06:24:25 pm »
Bilge:

Howdy!  There may be a better answer than this, but I can share my thoughts / advice.

I had an older x-arcade tankstick that I replaced the control board in a while back.  I've since repurposed that hardware to my young niece for her first emulator console (I made her a Retropie for Christmas) so I don't have it here to look at to confirm, but if my memory serves there wasn't really much special about the buttons and joystick wiring.  You could use a couple of the inexpensive EG Starts boards, which are just recognized by the various OS's out there as a standard game controller.

https://www.amazon.com/EG-STARTS-Controller-Raspberry-Arcade1Up/dp/B08HRZLNZY/?th=1

It may need some mild wiring work (e.g. simple splicing or similar) but I think that would be close to what you'd need if you're willing to replace the boards inside the x-arcade.  The buttons and joysticks in the x-arcade are, again if memory serves, just standard hardware with momentary switches, etc... 

The super console uses Android, I think, but as long as it recognizes standard USB game controllers, those should work.

Again...I don't have mine in front of me now to confirm, but I seem to remember when I opened mine that there wasn't anything crazy or fancy in the guts.

-HH