Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gun4ir Default Feedback Not Working after Adding Mamehooker  (Read 874 times)

vd2021

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 03:38:50 pm
Gun4ir Default Feedback Not Working after Adding Mamehooker
« on: February 07, 2024, 09:59:16 am »
After setting up mamehooker my light gun feedback Only works when I am (mamehooker)hooked to a game that I've set up or with the gui when I test them. The gun's LED is constantly on and red until it is hooked to a game that is setup. I have setup tra for solenoid and rumble with damage and a few mame games. Again,  I nolonger have the default  feed back. No solenoid or rumble and the led is solid red. When I launch tra, mamehooker hooks and the light guns respond perfectly to the game and damage with rumble.

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:21:20 am
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
Re: Gun4ir Default Feedback Not Working after Adding Mamehooker
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 10:41:05 am »
When leaving a game, mamehooker needs to send the command that stops the serial mode, else it stays in that mode.

vd2021

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 09:41:03 am »
I still can get the lightguns to go back to theirnormal state. Here is my tra ini. I have four light guns and they are on com ports 4, 6, 3 and 5  ( in that order from light gun 1 to 4).

When I launch tra, mamehooker hooks and the gun's react perfectly with the recoil and rumble. When I Esc, closing the game, all 4 light guns don't go back to their normal state. No recoil,or rumble and the led is solid red. Thanks in advance for all help.

R/s
Vidal

[General]
MameStart=cmo 4 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmo 6 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmo 3 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmo 5 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmw 4 S6M1x2xM3x0, cmw 6 S6M1x2xM3x0x, cmw 3 S6M1x2xM3x0, cmw 5 S6M1x2xM3x0x

MameStop=cmw 4 M1x2M3x0E, cmw 6 M1x2M3x0E, cmw 3 M1x2M3x0E, cmw 5 M1x2M3x0E, cmc 4, cmc 6, cmc 3, cmc 5

StateChange=

OnRotate=

OnPause=

[KeyStates]

RefreshTime=

[Output]

P1_Ammo=

P2_Ammo=

P3_Ammo=

P1_Clip=

P2_Clip=

P3_Clip=

P4_Clip=

P1_CtmRecoil=cmw 4 F0x%s%x0xF4x%s%x255

P2_CtmRecoil=cmw 6 F0x%s%x0xF4x%s%x255

P3_CtmRecoil=cmw 3 F0x%s%x0xF4x%s%x255

P4_CtmRecoil=cmw 5 F0x%s%x0xF4x%s%x255

P1_Life=

P2_Life=

P3_Life=

P4_Life=

P1_Damaged=nll | cmw 4 F1x2x1xF2x%s%x255

P2_Damaged=nll | cmw 6 F1x2x1xF2x%s%x255

P3_Damaged=nll | cmw 3 F1x2x1xF2x%s%x255

P4_Damaged=nll | cmw 5 F1x2x1xF2x%s%x255

P1_Credits=

P2_Credits=

P3_Credits=

P4_Credits=

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 07:09:19 am »
I still can get the lightguns to go back to theirnormal state. Here is my tra ini. I have four light guns and they are on com ports 4, 6, 3 and 5  ( in that order from light gun 1 to 4).

When I launch tra, mamehooker hooks and the gun's react perfectly with the recoil and rumble. When I Esc, closing the game, all 4 light guns don't go back to their normal state. No recoil,or rumble and the led is solid red. Thanks in advance for all help.

R/s
Vidal

[General]
MameStart=cmo 4 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmo 6 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmo 3 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmo 5 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmw 4 S6M1x2xM3x0, cmw 6 S6M1x2xM3x0x, cmw 3 S6M1x2xM3x0, cmw 5 S6M1x2xM3x0x

MameStop=cmw 4 M1x2M3x0E, cmw 6 M1x2M3x0E, cmw 3 M1x2M3x0E, cmw 5 M1x2M3x0E, cmc 4, cmc 6, cmc 3, cmc 5

StateChange=

OnRotate=

OnPause=

[KeyStates]

RefreshTime=

[Output]

P1_Ammo=

P2_Ammo=

P3_Ammo=

P1_Clip=

P2_Clip=

P3_Clip=

P4_Clip=

P1_CtmRecoil=cmw 4 F0x%s%x0xF4x%s%x255

P2_CtmRecoil=cmw 6 F0x%s%x0xF4x%s%x255

P3_CtmRecoil=cmw 3 F0x%s%x0xF4x%s%x255

P4_CtmRecoil=cmw 5 F0x%s%x0xF4x%s%x255

P1_Life=

P2_Life=

P3_Life=

P4_Life=

P1_Damaged=nll | cmw 4 F1x2x1xF2x%s%x255

P2_Damaged=nll | cmw 6 F1x2x1xF2x%s%x255

P3_Damaged=nll | cmw 3 F1x2x1xF2x%s%x255

P4_Damaged=nll | cmw 5 F1x2x1xF2x%s%x255

P1_Credits=

P2_Credits=

P3_Credits=

P4_Credits=
I don't see much out of the ordinary here, and the stop command is correct (no need to change the other modes btw, E is enough to reset everything).
Are the guns still working beside the feedbacks after you exit mame?
When you say solid red, you mean on the board itself?
Both pro micro and camera modules emmit a bright red light whenever powered, but there should be a second led that blinks when you pressed a button.
What your gun models btw?

vd2021

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 05:22:21 pm »

Are the guns still working beside the feedbacks after you exit mame?
-Yes. I can play the light gun games, but the feedback solenoid and rumble do not function and the feedback RGB led is solid read.

When you say solid red, you mean on the board itself?
-I am referring to the feedback LED not the micro pro or camera LEDs.

Both pro micro and camera modules emmit a bright red light whenever powered, but there should be a second led that blinks when you pressed a button.
What your gun models btw?

-I haven't opened to guns to see what the micro pro board and camera LED states are. I build all of my light guns using kits purchased from Ray.

Can you tell me where I can find the code data/info used in the "MameStop=" line? I believe this is where the issue is.

Thanks for the help.

JayBee

• Offline Offline
  • Creator of the GUN4IR
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 12:36:39 am »
Can you tell me where I can find the code data/info used in the "MameStop=" line? I believe this is where the issue is.
That's the thing, your mamestop command is fine, you could even reduce it to just E as it reinitialize the whole gun settings.
Like this:
cmw 4 E
And it should work (it does work perfectly for me and other users), but only if mamehooker does receive and send the command before mame gets shut down.
Are you using anything that force shut down mamehooker?

vd2021

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 11:51:41 am »
That's the thing, your mamestop command is fine, you could even reduce it to just E as it reinitialize the whole gun settings.
Like this:
cmw 4 E
And it should work (it does work perfectly for me and other users), but only if mamehooker does receive and send the command before mame gets shut down.

JB,
Thanks, I'll try shortening the lines to match your suggestion and check my scripts to see if I set a line to close mamehooker in any of them.

vd2021

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 02:19:51 pm »
Like this:
cmw 4 E

Progress and some discoveries.

*Running mamehooker in Win7 Compatible mode.
*Only ran mamehooker as "admin" on initial opening.
*I set my Gun4ir light guns to cports 1, 2, 3 and 4, relatively, and changed the "MameStart=" line cport numbers accordingly.
*Changed ini "MameStop=" to "cmw 1 E, cmw 2 E, cmw 3 E, cmw 4 E"
*I set mamehooker to launch at startup
*****Currenty Functionality******
*If I launch a game, where the ini is set, I get a solenoid trigger when the game hooks and the feedback works as expected with the game.
*If I launch a game, that hooks and there is not an ini (1st run), or the ini has not been populated with the code/commands, the light guns go into a state of being hooked and there is no feedback during game play.
*Senarion-1 Following either of these two situations*.....The light guns stay in a state of being hooked. If a setup game (ini populated) is launched I get the solenoid trigger when that game hooks and the feedback works as expected.
*Senarion-2 Following either of these two situations*.....The light guns stay in a state of being hooked. If a game is launched for the 1st time, or does not have the ini populated, the light guns stay in a hooked state and ther is no feedback during game play.
*Senarion-3 Following either of these two situations*.....If I close MameHooker, using the taskbar dropdown, I get a solenoid trigger and the lightguns go back to default functionality.
*Senarion-4 Following either of these two situations*.....This is the most unique of my discoveries. RPCS3 and System 357 games. Launching and closing either of these (DeadStorm Pirates, Dark Escape and Sailor Zombies) ALWAYS hook and give a solenoid trigger. At closing, either of these games, I get a solenoid trigger and the light guns go back to a default state. Regardless of which state the light gun is in it's default or a mamehooked state, at game launch. [I've been using one of these games to "reset" the light guns so I don't have to use a keyboard to taskbar exit and restart mamehooker].

I'm hoping this info can help someone find my issue/s.