Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Monitor ID help and adjustment advice needed  (Read 436 times)

padstack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 12:54:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Monitor ID help and adjustment advice needed
« on: February 03, 2024, 02:07:45 am »
Been a LONG time.  Just bought a golden tee 2004 FORE cab that ended up having a bad board (FPGA traces corroded and failed).  Was going to look into mameing it, but want to keep the monitor.  Trying to ID it.  I believe it's a Wells Gardener.  The flyback says "WG 2012536", as does the chassis.  The tube is a A68AJB82X.

I bought a VGA to CGA converter off of amazon.  Had to build an adaptor harness (the one that came with it wouldn't hook up right.  I have the red, blue, green, ground, and horiz. sync hooked up.  I don't see that there's a vertical sync wire.  When I hook it up and turn on the PC, I get the following the image on the attached jpg.  The picture it's trying to show is the windows background from my laptop thats connected to the VGA-CGA converter (the one found here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3H7F6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I adjusted the vertical hold to get it to quit scrolling, but I'm kinda above my pay grade at this point.  I thought the converter card would take care of the picture.  I'm open to the fact that the monitor is bad or needs a cap kit, but will at least show something.  When I use the google.com screen, I can see it on the monitor, but a bit upside down and backwards.

Any advice is appreciated!  Thank you!

ID'd as a K7500.  Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 12:06:33 pm by padstack »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:04:49 am
Re: Monitor ID help and adjustment advice needed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 02:15:11 am »
the monitor is either a k7400 or k7500, k7400 is 15k and k7500 is 25k
check the dil switches of the game board to see if its set to 15 or 25k as your issue looks like resolution is set wrong

princess prin prin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:51:34 am
  • intrinsically safe
Re: Monitor ID help and adjustment advice needed
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 10:30:56 am »
The third pic shows the east-west transistor (Q710) mounted remotely on a separate heat sink. Only the K7500 is like that.