Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Questions about Myoungshin Fanta Lever 24GN  (Read 318 times)

Daikath

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 05:49:01 am
Questions about Myoungshin Fanta Lever 24GN
« on: January 27, 2024, 11:35:43 am »
I've made a custom case for an arcade stick in the past with a Sanwa joystick. A friend though would like one specifically for Tekken with a Korean joystick. We haven't plated any Korean joysticks before, but the Myoungshin Fanta's descriptions specifically say it has a tight grommet for Tekken. So that looks good.

Putting in screws to mount the mounting plate is easy enough. But slagcoin's website had specific section to mention the mounting height for a different joysticks didn't mention one for Korean brands.

This would need a 30mm hole for the collar. Marking where the holes for the mounting plate be should be easy enough. But the joystick height is something my friend commented on before. How on my first stick the joystick felt too high but on my second one the height felt just right.

Is there any standard for joystick height for Korean joysticks? Most people just seem to make the joystick hole larger. Get a conversion for the wiring and intermediate mounting plate. I would prefer to make a new case so the old ones stay good for Street Fighter.

If it is too high I could always add washer to lower it. But a 4mm thick plywood surface. What would the depth be to the rest of the joystick if I did that?

I tried looking for diagrams or what people prefer. But I never seen anyone mention it.