Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Weird X-Arcade CRT Monitor Issue?  (Read 238 times)

FrankLepore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 07:39:19 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Weird X-Arcade CRT Monitor Issue?
« on: January 22, 2024, 03:19:53 am »
Hey, all!

With the plan to either pick up a cabinet and fix it up or build my own, I recently came across an X-Arcade cab on Craigslist for $200. Seemed like a great deal, even if I just hallowed it out and used the carcass, so I jumped on it.

I got a new PC set up for it tonight with the intent to test the monitor, which is a fairly large CRT. Unfortunately, the following was the result: the screen was bright orange/red with diagonal lines going across it. A blue splotch on the right and a yellow splotch on the left gradually grew larger.

I have no idea what this means, as I'm not a CRT expert.

The cable I used was the original cable: a VGA cable with a missing pin on both ends, that seems to be correct. I tried both plugging the cable directly into the VGA port on my motherboard, and also plugging it into a DP-to-VGA adapter that someone mentioned worked. Both scenarios yielded the same result.

Is anyone familiar with what this might mean? Is it fixable? Should I just try and swap it out for an LCD monitor? Does anyone have any recommendations for that, if so?

Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 02:33:12 pm by FrankLepore »