Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wanted - good short video of jukebox selecting/playing  (Read 561 times)

Dermbrian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wanted - good short video of jukebox selecting/playing
« on: January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm »
I'm working on a new skin for Fruitbox (raspberry pi jukebox emulator), and I really, really, really would like to include a video of a record being selected and playing when a user makes a selection.  Ideally of a model with a visible platter, like 1960-ish Rockola's or AMI's.  Here's what I'm needing.  If I had access to a jukebox locally (DFW area), I'd do this:

1.  Set phone or camera on a tripod or something that works to make a rock-steady video of a selector mechanism in motion thru a few revolutions of the 45 rpm record.
2.  Light the scene well for a good image.
3.  Include about 1 foot on each side of the platter.  I can crop out what I actually need, but I can't add it back in......
4.  Video should be maybe taken looking down at about 45 degrees, or whatever looks good to show the spinning record as if you're standing at the jukebox.

I'd want to be able to add that to my skin and share my skin among other Fruitbox users.  It's a hobby.  No sales.  No profit.....just another skin for people to consider for use in their projects.

Anyone jukebox owners interested in helping me out? 

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:36:37 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Wanted - good short video of jukebox selecting/playing
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 06:32:07 pm »