Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Newb question here. iPac 4 to Xbox 360 console ?  (Read 963 times)

Redneck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2024, 09:03:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Newb question here. iPac 4 to Xbox 360 console ?
« on: January 17, 2024, 12:33:30 pm »
Newb here who purchased a cabinet kit from game room solutions. Right now it’s running on raspberry and I’m looking for help on how to connect my four player control panel to Xbox 360 console. Control panel has the ipac 4 with usb cable. When I plug the usb into Xbox controller port it does nothing. Searching online I found company that makes a ipac to Xbox cable but it states it is for the ipac 2 and I see it has a different plug then my ipac 4. Any help from you guys to help point this newb in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:54:30 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 04:07:43 pm by lilshawn »

Redneck

• Offline Offline
Re: Newb question here. iPac 4 to Xbox 360 console ?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 04:36:40 pm »
I saw and read two of those when trying to search for my answer. That adapter is for ipac 2. My ipac 4 has different plug. I guess I’m more looking to see if a new ipac 4 cable is made anywhere. Im not looking to hack a controller or hack old game pad. More looking for a plug and play style connection so when I don’t want to play the retropie raspberry games and want to instead plug right into Xbox 360 for some more advanced mortal kombat games. Or am I just better off getting a prebuilt loaded pc and plugging my control panel into it ? I enjoy the old retro games but would love to play some newer mortal kombat or even some newer Mario kart. Thanks

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 06:04:13 pm »
oh, sorry i hadn't noticed it was a 4.

the ipac4 can be programmed for xinput (which is the standard pc's and xbox uses) and can be switched back and forth between them...

https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac4-board/

the info you want is under the "multimode" tab

Redneck

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 07:58:00 am »
Thanks I didn’t know it was switchable. I assume the raspberry and x96 air emulators is set in keyboard mode or is it in dinput mode ? When I eventually get a pc for this cabinet I’ll need it in xinput mode same as an Xbox right ? Thanks again.

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 11:49:40 am »
yeah i think by default it's keyboard mode for the sake of mame compatibility wich is what 99% of the people buying them are using them for..

i've never used this mode, as i dont have an xbox or anything else, but it appears you hook it up to the computer and run the cade software (also make sure your firmware is up to date) you can add (and configure) the xinput mode and then it's just a matter of holding a button combo while you plug it in or power it on to switch the mode.