Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arachnid 5000 / 6000 series Matrix question  (Read 510 times)

WhoMe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2024, 02:53:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arachnid 5000 / 6000 series Matrix question
« on: January 01, 2024, 10:36:49 am »
Hello all,

I was hoping someone could tell me if the Dart Head Matrix from a 5000 series can be used on a 6000 series machine?  They both have the three tails coming down off of them but the 5000 matrix comes out on the left hand side not the bottom like the 6000 series.

I have been searching for the 6000 matrix but can't seem to find one anywhere  :banghead:

I have also heard that this machine can be converted to the single tail matrix but I can't find out what's needed to do this.

Any advise is greatly appriciated

Greg

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:16:08 am
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Re: Arachnid 5000 / 6000 series Matrix question
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 03:02:35 pm »
There is a post here where a couple of individuals replaced the connectors on the 5000 series and were able to get a working matrix.  If you have one which isn't working it may be worth trying  (after making sure you have the correct connectors for that unit, obviously.)

But before replacing, I would give everything a thorough inspection and cleaning connections with contact cleaner to make sure it's not just a bit of corrosion somewhere.

What is prompting you to seek a new one?  Not working?  If so, to what extent?  Missing completely?