Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any CoinOps users here running in a cab with IPAC2/4?  (Read 653 times)

deezdrama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 09:45:32 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146268.0.html
Any CoinOps users here running in a cab with IPAC2/4?
« on: December 25, 2023, 10:40:22 pm »
So after a losing battle troubleshooting my bigbox build I wiped the drive and need to start over.

After having issues with bigbox i wanted to check out coinops so downloaded the forgotten worlds atarsharii max build and holy crap that frontend is sleek and ran so damn smooth. I only tested it on my main desktop and havnt put anything on the cab yet since i dont know if with coinops I can configure the menu inputs to how I have my ipac4 wired. I really cant find much info on this other than a post ralking about rewiring your ipac/encoder to match the coinops menu inputs and this really isnt an option for me as my control panel is wired with no slack in the ipac4 wiring.

Is there no ini or config file that you can change the menu inputs?

Im hoping someone here has ran coinops with an ipac2 or4.

Also i have a bunch of ledblinky animation scripts i wrote that worked great in bigbox, im wondering if its possible to use ledblinky and my scripts with coinops?

If coinops cant be configured to work with my ipac4 wiring i will have to stick with bigbox.

Thanks and merry Christmas!

Update#####
So even though I originally bought my ipac4 in 2015 I was lucky it was new enough to flash with the 1.56 mode switching firmware and its working for the mostpart in xinput mode with coinops.
The menu system can be navigated with my control panel and games launched with button1, games control fine but havnt figured out why I cant exit a game and go back to the frontend.

With the ipac4 in mode3(xinput) ... The default ipac4 keys are....

Ive tried all the buttons to get back to the frontend and exit the game but am still having to use escape on the keyboard.

I need to go into coinops config file and see what is set for exiting a game, maybe someone knows or has used an ipac4 in xinput mode in coinops?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 09:13:00 pm by deezdrama »