Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDSpicer tutorial for Retropie (using PACLED64). Hoping for some guidance  (Read 259 times)

wtstreetglow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2024, 05:00:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hello all!

Can anyone here link me to a tutorial to setup the subject with retropie and LEDSpicer.

I gave up on getting RGB Commander to work. I never once saw the buttons light up when selecting a system (when config was system based), nor when using arcade style game which was comparing rom name being ran to a self contained database in the RGB Commander xml file. It would keep going to the default on the arcade and turn all of the buttons off. And on the system configuration (megadrive, etc.), it would do the same. It's like it couldn't tie my configurations to what was being ran on the system. The initial animations etc. were working which makes me think at least the LED board was communicating with the buttons through RGB Commander.

Honestly, I would be thankful if I could get help on getting either one working as they both easily take care of my needs. (system based buttons lighting up, and arcade rom based buttons light up specific to rom being played)

Thank you all for any guidance you can give!!