Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need some help with RGB commander (PACLED64) on Retropie if possible- config  (Read 299 times)

wtstreetglow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2024, 05:00:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hello all,

Could I get some guidance on the subject?

Can this be used with any of the default emulators or will I need to install another emulator to use RGB Commander within retropie?

I am trying to get the buttons to light up based upon the preconfigured information he has in the rgbcmdd. xml file.

I have set the file up for a PACLED64 and the buttons that I am using. (6 main buttons with a couple of admin buttons)

Upon entering any rom, I am getting no buttons lighting up. --> The buttons that need to be in use are supposed to be lighting up, I believe this is happening because it is defaulting to the default profile when no configuration is found.

I would like to use this with lr-fbneo if possible.--> Maybe I am trying to do something that isn't possible. I don't really understand how to set the configuration file up based on it's included instructions in the file.

The author shows how to use the configuration and I don't really understand how to modify the below of the config file (I would like to use it for libreto mame (078 mame) and fbneo if possible:

Code: [Select]
<!-- MAME-ADVMAME
This tag has parameters that do the following:
binary: uses the mame-advmame roms folder.
arcade: set to 1 to identify this as a MAME derivative
retropie: set to 1 to identify this as a RetroPie managed emulator
retropiebinary: since this is not a retroarch core, the actual binary name is specified
reference: uses the main MAME/arcade emulator's rom configurations.
rgba: uses RANDOM animation
name: Descriptive name (helpful when looking at log files)
active: active buttons are blue if not otherwise specified
inactive: inactive buttons are not lit.

There are no roms listed for this emulator since it references MAME core's roms.
This saves memory and does not require you to duplicate thousands of lines of configured roms.
-->
<emulator binary="mame-advmame" name="MAME non core" active="Blue" inactive="DimGray" arcade="1" retropie="1" retropiebinary="advmame" reference="arcade"/>
<!-- RecalBox MAME
On a default RecalBox 4.0.1 installation the mame emulator resides in mame - we add this emulator with a reference to RetroPie's arcade.
This way this config file works on both distro's and it serves as a good flexibility example for the user
-->
<emulator binary="mame" name="RecalBox MAME" active="Orange" inactive="Black" arcade="1" retropie="1" reference="arcade"/>
<!-- MAME
This tag has parameters that do the following:
binary: uses the arcade roms folder.
arcade: set to 1 to identify this as a MAME derivative
retropie: set to 1 to identify this as a RetroPie managed emulator
name: Descriptive name (helpful when looking at log files)
active: active buttons are orange if not otherwise specified
inactive: inactive buttons are not lit.