Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: U360 with 10 buttons each for 4 players not using shift  (Read 313 times)

flynnb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2024, 01:42:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
U360 with 10 buttons each for 4 players not using shift
« on: November 25, 2023, 01:55:47 am »
I searched the forum and couldn't find any relevant posts.

Going to redo my cabinet and plan on using 4 U360 joysticks and 10 buttons each (8 for X,Y,A,B,LB,LT,RB,RT and 2 for Start/Menu,Pause/View).  I want these to show up in Windows as gamepads.    I don't want to use wireless xbox or pc controllers when we play windows games.    We have a lot of 4 players windows/steam games on the PC (Super Blood Hockey, Move or Die, Overcook, Castle Crashers, PuyoPuyoTetris,Knight Squad,Gauntlet,etc,etc - to name just a few).   Some of those games require a 8 buttons plus Start/Pause (e.g. Castle Crashers) and others require an analog stick (Overcooked).  I am looking for simplicity - i would like everything to showing up as a gamepad with all the necessary buttons.

From my reading the u360 supports 8 physical buttons and if using shift the 8th button opens up the use of virtual buttons (shifted).    I probably wouldn't mind using the shift feature for the 2 'admin' buttons for Start/Menu and Pause/View but it essentially takes away the 8th button.   From what I am reading it could be connected to an IPAC in output mode.  That's where my questions start.

Could use an IPAC to compliment the U360 where I can have 10 independent buttons (no shift) for each controller for a total of 40 and have those buttons show up as part of the gamepadl?  How would that be accomplished?  Both Software to map the keyboard encoder as part of has windows see the gamepad today.  Building off of that, how would I wire 4 separate controllers to and IPAC or an IPAC equivalent?

Thanks!