Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cannot install groovy arcade  (Read 559 times)

0Vincent0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2023, 08:54:11 am
Cannot install groovy arcade
« on: November 23, 2023, 12:40:07 pm »
Hello everyone!
Back to the 2012 I've restored an old and disused beautiful coin-op. Me and my family had great time playing with it. Lately the software installed (groovy arcade i686) stopped working (probably some misuse). Several times I said to myself that I should fix it. It happens that now I'm home sick: what better opporunity? Unfortunately I'm having big issues. I'll try to explain all the trials I did.

First trial
I've downloaded groovy arcade 2023.11 and installed it on a USB stick through Ubuntu adn Unebootin. It happens that a single partitioned bootable USB is created. When I use it the groovy arcade installation splashscreen is showed, toghether with a loading bar. The loading bar takes a lot of time to complete and also when it reaches the end nothing happens. I've tried the same approach with a different groovy arcade version (one realised in 2022): same issue.
It seems that the problem is known nonetheless I've not been able to find a solution:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=132478.0

Using the 2020.06 version the situation is slightly different: there is no loading screen, a black command prompt is shown (like a shell) but I don't know how to use it and which command I should issue.

Second trial
I've downloaded the same iso (groovy arcade 2023.11) and installed it into an USB stick from another PC based on windows 11. I've used Rufus. A bootable USB stick with more than one partition is created. This stick works fine on my laptop: it shows the same loading page as in the first trial but this time after few seconds the installation wizard appears! The problem arise when I try it on the destination hardware (very old tower PC bought for this project): the screen remains black and a message very similar to this one (I think its the same) is shown:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pop_os/comments/126yog9/stuck_at_isolinux_screen_during_install/?rdt=57692

everything remains stuck in this situation.

Third trial
trying to burn the iso (groovy arcade 2023) into a DVD. I've used Ubuntu and tried two software: brasero and k3b. I cant understand why but it didn't work and I've wasted four disks. Maybe I've tried to burn on DVD-R while my drive supported only DVD+R? Of course I've tried to burn also an older iso of groovy arcade (I thing 06.2022)..same result.

I'm starting to loose hope..if someone is capable of lending me a hand I would be grateful!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 12:46:17 pm by 0Vincent0 »