Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Claw machine tilt adjustment broken  (Read 948 times)

toozie21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2024, 04:20:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Claw machine tilt adjustment broken
« on: November 22, 2023, 10:03:02 am »
I recently bought a used claw machine for the kids to play with in the garage.

It was working fine, but the claw was descending much too much before closing, so I decided to adjust the tilt screw that is in the housing that controls the claw. When I put My screwdriver through the hole, I felt whatever the screw was in move forward. I took off the side wall of the box and finished making the adjustment. Now whenever the claw descends, it goes a few inches, closes, and comes back up. I don't know anything about claw machines, but it really feels like something got messed up that senses the string slack with that micro switch. Is something supposed to go on this little round knob that looks like it has grooves etched into it? I'm wondering if something popped off that's causing me my issues.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk