Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wrong Size of graphics on second screen  (Read 459 times)

Max_FS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 03:45:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wrong Size of graphics on second screen
« on: November 09, 2023, 03:35:58 pm »
Hallo everyone,

after implementing the newest version of groovymame I encounter a little problem.
I have a cab with two screens, one CRT for the gameplay and one LCD for marquee graphics. With the newest version of Groovymame the graphics on the marquee-screen are wrong sized and wrong positioned.

I can solve this problem in two different ways but both are not very practical. First would be to start the game, press TAB, navigate to graphics menu, choose the second screen and switch "Non-Integer Scaling" from X-Only to ON. But when leaving the game, those changes are not saved.

Second way would be to create an ini-file with a games name containing the following (second line may be optional):

view1 Marquee_Only
     keepaspect                1
     unevenstretch             1

When having such an ini-file the video menu shows "Non-Integer Scaling" as ON.
However, with this solution I would have to create hundreds of ini-files.

I tried ini-files like arcade.ini (hoping it would be applied for all arcade games), vertical.ini and horizontal.ini, lcd.ini and screen1.ini containg the sentences above but all did not work. In mame.ini unevenstretch is activated at "Core render options" but this does not help.

Is there any solution for my problem? Any help is highly appreciated.
My mame.ini is attached.

Best regards
Max