Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Houston Arcade Show - November 10, 11, 12, 2023  (Read 897 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:36:37 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:18:54 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: Houston Arcade Show - November 10, 11, 12, 2023
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 03:44:45 pm »
It was very inconsiderate of them to schedule that show for the same dates as Centuricon.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 03:54:17 pm »
There will probably be more people and games at your event.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 07:23:53 pm »
Well, I went and had a hell of a time.  First time since 2019.  I've never hugged so many men in my life.  Not everyone made it through the last 4 years.

A few highlights.

Here's Mr. Boomshalakalaka in the flesh.  He's brought me much joy and I've owned World Cup Soccer 94 many, many years.  It was great to chat with him and I got him to sign a custom card for my pinball machine.

The "Final Draw" is one of the most irritating and satisfying shots in pinball. 

However, most importantly, BYOAC forum celebrity Malenko recently uncovered him in the Sega Saturn version of NBA Jam Tournament Edition.  Turns out even Sega Saturn manuals are ridiculously expensive these days, but I absolutely had to do it.  Merry Christmas, Malenko.

Played this, wasn't particularly impressed.  Needs a lot of playfield and rules tweaks.  No sign of Jennifer Connolly.  The movie always made my skin crawl.

"Two local breweries donated like... 50 cases of beer, bro.... go get some beer...."

Here I am enjoying an excellent concert by Oscillation Communication. 

Thinking, "don't creep shot the cute vampire goth chick..." and look who creep shotted me and posted it on The Facebook

Concert footage here:

Hadn't seen one of these in over 30 years.  It still discriminates against the color blind:

They seem nice but holy hell are they terrible harp players and singers.  The nerds are thirsty, tho.

Here's Atarimatt's rig paying respect to his elder troll

Picked this up for $10.  The only other Genesis cartridge I can't bootleg besides Virtua Racing.  Not good enough to get a special ending but still good enough to actually beat it, I'll take it.

Anyway, plenty more pictures but that's a good recap.

:cheers:

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:18:54 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 07:30:03 pm »
Very nice. Looks like a lot of fun.

It is funny you say that about Klax.

I was at 2 different collectors places this weekend.

One guy has a Klax cabaret. The other guy has an upright.