Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Impressive Mini Pinball  (Read 688 times)

Xiaou2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2023, 05:41:19 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM
Impressive Mini Pinball
« on: October 16, 2023, 05:51:11 am »
I realized some time ago... that the Ball size / Mass really makes a difference, in how a Pinball machines plays.  As such,
mini pinball machines, will never feel, nor react the same as their larger brothers...

That said... I just saw these Very detailed Miniature Pinball machine Kits.   This would be a great gift for kids that like to
tinker / build stuff.   Heck, its even pretty cools... for an Adult collector.

It is a bit on the Expensive side.  But, it actually has Electronic Logic, Music, Sounds..  as well as some Actual Solenoids,
that drive the Pop Bumpers.

It also seems to play pretty decently, from the videos Ive watched.

The music is pretty atrocious... but it can be turned off.   I do wonder if the music can be swapped... via hacking whatever is
powering it.  It might be some sort of  PI   Device.

It has LED lit Inserts.. And a lit backbox.

While I do like that they used Actual working Pop Bumpers...  I think they would have had an even better device, if they had
make the Slingshots and the Flippers, Solenoid Driven.    As the Pop bumpers in this style of machine, are not that critical to
how this kind of game plays.

Older 50s era Electro Mechanical pinballs, are far more critical with Pop Bumper use... because the playfield is not as steep,
and the ball travel speed, is nowhere near as fast.  This makes the game more floaty.. and your "Tapping" of the sides of the
machines... will effect the ball much Greater than on the new Digital machines.   In fact, that is why the older Pinball machines
either do not have flippers.. or their flippers are spaced WAY further apart from each other...  Because the player was supposed
to use their skills in Bumping, to alter the balls trajectory.

Anyway... It probably could be modified pretty easily,  to have Electronic Flippers, Kickers, and other features.
(They should sell "Upgrade Kits")

At minimal.. one might consider painting then Clear Coating the thing.   But, it still looks pretty good, as is.

Falken Hawke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:38:26 pm
  • Professional Employee
Re: Impressive Mini Pinball
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 06:53:26 pm »
Just had a thought, are Nickel ball bearings available in this size?

...now I'm curious...