Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hantarex MTC 9110 no signal - was working fine  (Read 564 times)

keeleon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 01:11:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hantarex MTC 9110 no signal - was working fine
« on: October 04, 2023, 09:33:31 pm »
I have a Hantarex 9110 that I replaced the flyback and cap kit and it was actually working just fine for a few days. I tipped the cabinet on it's back to replace the wheels and un mounted the power supply to rewire it for a JPAC and PC. I'm not sure what I changed, but now I get no signal. although the fan is running. I have tested the voltage coming from the power supply and the isolation transformer and they seem to be fine (130v?) I actually did have a blown fuse, but I ordered some more and replaced that and now it powers on without blowing the fuse. I was following this flowchart(http://wwyss.ch/Arcades_Manuals/Manuals/Monitors/FLOWCHART_-_HANATREX_MTC9000%29_%28U%29.pdf), and measured the B+ from SP3 to test point 9 and it measures 124v. The measurement from SP4 to the test point is 138v. According to the flowchart these are supposed to be 130v and 145v. I just replaced the C53 capacitor and it is still the same, and now I'm at a dead end and don't know what to look for next. Is there like a voltage adjustment pot? I've seen that on some of them. The white ceramic resistor on R105 does look kind of burnt and charred. Would that need to be replaced? IT measures a consistent 12v from one side to the other when power is on. I don't even know what questions to ask at this point :/

I will add that one of the times I powered it up, the PTC glowed red and started smoking. It already looked pretty burnt and I was looking for a replacement for it anyway, but it should just be for the degaussing coil right? Like if I unplug the degaussing coil, that shouldn't affect the rest of the system? It did need to be degaussed when it was working and I found an external degaussing rod that worked pretty well, so I'm fine manually doing it for the time being.

Also after I plug everything back in from soldering, I do still get the hum and "static" feeling on the front of the glass at first like its going to work. But then it dissipates and there is no static from then on.

I did the B+ test on this page (https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.com/tech-help/monitor-b-settings/) and got 129.5v

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:08:21 pm
Re: Hantarex MTC 9110 no signal - was working fine
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 04:58:51 am »
b+ is good, fan running so chassis is pretty much running
interesting about what you said about the ptc, the ptc is in a plastic enclosure and for it to glow red is not something i have ever seen. Do you have a photo of the the part the glowed red?

sounds like chassis is going into shutdown, could be eht too high which can be caused by a bad poly cap. The fact it happened after physical movement of the chassis points more towards a bad solder pad or broken track ro something dropped into the chassis

the impedance matching pcb mounted on the fan assem can cause problems, you can rule that out by simply plugging the yoke from that into the chassis header