Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MS9 Chassis Repair  (Read 530 times)

TobiasRieper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2023, 06:10:40 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MS9 Chassis Repair
« on: September 27, 2023, 04:37:14 am »
I have around 8 MS9's in different states of repair. I have repaired a few of them just by replacing the capacitors and the HOT. Others had missing components.  I have a couple of MS9s with the sams issue as in the picture?  I tried turning screen volts down but the horizontal white lines do not go away. Any idea which IC is busted on these 2?
Many thanks https://ibb.co/DGwh1Ly

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:59:55 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: MS9 Chassis Repair
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 10:33:42 am »
not 100% sure about the ms9, but if the ms8 (which is pretty close in design) is missing the 200v power supply off the flyback someplace that feeds power to the video amp circuit, they will do this. have to check the resistors and whatnot in that power supply rail to see if something has gone open. usually there is a broken solder joint or a blown open resistor near the flyback someplace.

if you do find an open or blown out resistor, be sure to replace it with the same type (IE metal oxide resistor or wire wound etc. they are often labeled "flameproof" resistors) or if it fails again, it will do so in a spectacular fiery fashion and will burn up so hot that they can quite literally burn your house down.