Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade Bar in basement  (Read 1619 times)

dtr20

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2023, 04:49:39 pm
Arcade Bar in basement
« on: September 25, 2023, 02:47:25 pm »
It has been years since I have been on here.  About 10-12 years ago I saw a bar with an arcade built into it online, perhaps here.  I instantly wanted to create one of my own, but wasn't able to at that time.  Shortly after that, my wife and I bought a house with a bar already in the basement.  The basement was originally finished before we bought the house, but there was an incident with some water damage and the previous owner removed most of the walls and flooring to the finished basement.  We worked very hard after purchasing the house to re-finish the basement.  I even put a TV on the wall behind the bar for the arcade.  Well, other hobbies took over and the bar was used for storage and a workbench instead of getting turned into an arcade.  My wife and I have gotten really into woodworking over the last 3 years and I came up with this idea again. 

I cannot seem to find the pictures of that bar with an arcade built into it online anymore.  The bar was more of a traditional bar with wood grain (maybe oak) instead of being painted.  I remember the control panel flipped down somehow.  I am looking for pictures for reference and inspiration for my build.  I will not copy it exactly, just looking to see how certain things were done.  Over the years, I actually purchased most of what I need for the build.  Basically I think I have all/most of the buttons, joysticks, and a 4 player control board.  Thank you for any help you can point me to.

dtr20

• Offline Offline
Re: Arcade Bar in basement
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 03:46:07 pm »
This isn't ringing any bells with anyone?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:37:41 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 06:13:02 pm »
I remember it.  Just don't have a link.  IIRC it was in the stickied control panel thread, but if they were hosting the pics elsewhere, they may be gone.

Edit: the control panel database thread is stickied in the main forum.  Your post probably didn't get many views here in the woodworking subforum.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 06:16:54 pm by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:37:41 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 06:25:45 pm »
It was probably this one.  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=83438.msg871550.msg#871550
Pics gone.  All links dead or don't have pics.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 06:36:19 pm by BadMouth »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:18:34 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 08:43:03 pm »

dtr20

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 04:50:36 pm »
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 06:33:53 pm
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 05:12:05 pm »
Lol, just had a look at the old thread, that gives a new meaning to the term "barcade".

Good luck with your project dtr20! We want pics!  :pics
Check out my completed projects!