Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA 2 is going to be in Yazuka 7!  (Read 945 times)

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Daytona USA 2 is going to be in Yazuka 7!
« on: September 07, 2023, 04:21:24 am »
Looks like Yakuza 7 is going to include Daytona USA 2 (renamed to Sega Racing Classics 2). Mind=blown 🤯

That's pretty wild. But, including Daytona USA 2 as a bonus in Yakuza 7 instead of just releasing it standalone? Gnnnn. I wonder if this'll have any multiplayer functionality.
https://twitter.com/MThunderwing/status/1699697961540657221?t=LT7i7q3vpaRx44pQQbOgoQ&s=19

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:23:04 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Daytona USA 2 is going to be in Yazuka 7!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 06:30:06 pm »
That is wild, but this BETTER be a ---smurfing--- pre-cursor to a stand-alone release or part of an upcoming collection!!!! Dont let me down, Sega!!!!!  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:23:04 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 07:18:54 pm »
I'm really not sure how to process this news. On one hand, it's great to *FINALLY* see this game come to home consoles. On the other hand, because it's a mini-game within another game, it means fans of the game won't get to enjoy the things we want to see such as:

A)Online multiplayer(with rollback netcode)
B)Steering wheel with force feedback support
C)Able to download replays of online races
D)Possible mirrored/reverse versions of the tracks with possible hidden easter egg tracks

All of these are things we want to see in a stand-alone version of Daytons 2. But because it'll just be a minigame in Like a Dragon, it will be a simple barebones port. Sad  :-[ :hissy:

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 01:29:27 pm »
I'm hoping Sega might've noticed all the positive buzz the Daytona USA 2 Yazuka 7 news has generated which might spur them on to something like a standalone release. I mean it's highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened (the original PS3 and Xbox 360 ports of Daytona just seemed to come out of nowhere, after the original Sega Racing Classics release in the arcade).

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 05:52:22 pm »
I'm a little surprised no one else in this here driving sub-section has commented on this, other than myself and Isamu. Daytona USA 2 finally making its way to consoles (even if it is in a bit of an indirect way) feels like a huge big deal to me, and I know a lot of you are old skool arcade racing fans of a similar(ish) age.

Are people just feeling indifferent towards Sega now?

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 08:05:03 pm »
Weeell, i'm certainly reading and certainly interested. But i'm not a Yakuza player, and i have Supermodel up and running nicely... So i haven't though of something worth posting on the subject :)