Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: why do some of you use car speakers and amps in your arcade  (Read 1521 times)

jteexy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 11:51:34 am
why do some of you use car speakers and amps in your arcade
« on: September 01, 2023, 05:07:47 pm »
why do some of you use car speakers and amps in your arcade/jukebox?  To me i don't see the purpose but then again I'm a newb.  So could someone explain to me the advantages of it and maby links to how to wire it to a computer.  any info would be appreciated

Momo24

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 12:59:18 pm
  • On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.
Re: why do some of you use car speakers and amps in your arcade
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 07:06:18 am »
Bonjour, probablement parce que les amplis voitures sont plus petits, moins chers et peuvent être alimentes en 12V courant continu.
On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de St Exupery.

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:59 pm
  • Waka-Waka
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146325.0.html
    • My Facebook Page
Re: why do some of you use car speakers and amps in your arcade
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 12:27:17 pm »
Because of the 12 volt power input. Most PSU's will output 2 voltages. 5v and 12v, just makes sense to use what is available on that same voltage.