Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Led Light through CP artwork?  (Read 923 times)

NitroNights

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 02:27:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Led Light through CP artwork?
« on: August 23, 2023, 03:40:29 am »
Hi all :)

I would like to create a control panel where light can be seen through the vinyl artwork in certain areas, somewhat like a Tron theme.

I'm thinking of building mine with a layer of plexiglass on top of MDF and then putting vinyl on the top. And then I would shine led light through the plexiglass from below.

My hope is that the places where the vinyl is white that the light will be able to be seen.

Does anyone have experience with having done something similar and would like to share their experiences if this will work or there’s a better solution?

Thanks

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:01:29 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Led Light through CP artwork?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 05:36:00 am »
I would like to create a control panel where light can be seen through the vinyl artwork in certain areas, somewhat like a Tron theme.

I'm thinking of building mine with a layer of plexiglass on top of MDF and then putting vinyl on the top. And then I would shine led light through the plexiglass from below.

My hope is that the places where the vinyl is white that the light will be able to be seen.

Does anyone have experience with having done something similar and would like to share their experiences if this will work or there’s a better solution?
Check out Arroyo's "The Grid" build.   ;D

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html

Scott

NitroNights

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 02:27:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Led Light through CP artwork?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 06:26:51 am »
Thank you very much, that was exactly the information and experience that I was looking for. That build will help me alot.

Thanks