Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA Supermodel 2 Sound/Music Volume  (Read 913 times)

Regbox80

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:53:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Daytona USA Supermodel 2 Sound/Music Volume
« on: August 10, 2023, 02:34:05 pm »
Hey folks,

I am OK pretty new to this stuff. Great forum with millions of interesting topics!
I am able to play Daytona USA with supermodel 2 emulator. But I would like to reduce sound effects and increase the music.

Is that possible?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2024, 05:40:31 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: Daytona USA Supermodel 2 Sound/Music Volume
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 05:28:02 am »
If you launch Supermodel from the command line or using a batch file you can change the in game music, SFX and overall sound balance using the following commands:

Code: [Select]
-music-volume=100 -sound-volume=90 -balance=100
Just change the number after the equals sign to whatever you finds works best for you - you'll probably need to experiment a bit to get the balance right, it'll be affected by what type of speaker set-up your PC's got.  I have different music to SFX ratios for different games. I thiiiink (been a long time since I've messed with any of these setting) 100 is the default, so you can go higher or lower. The balance part relates to games that had speakers behind and in front of you that played different things, and can be useful if your music to SFX to in-game speech balance needs further fine tuning. Again, there's no standardised setting, you'll need to experiment with what sounds right for you.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 06:33:29 am »
oh, yes, does the OP mean M2Emu running Daytona USA, or Supermodel, running Daytona 2?

Regbox80

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:53:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 06:39:07 pm »
Thanks for you replies!
I am talking about Sega Model 2 Emulator with Daytona usa 1.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2024, 05:40:31 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 06:04:41 am »
oh, yes, does the OP mean M2Emu running Daytona USA, or Supermodel, running Daytona 2?

Ah... I focused in on the Supermodel bit there, hadn't picked up on the 'Supermodel 2' conglomeration of 2 totally different emulators.

Thanks for you replies!
I am talking about Sega Model 2 Emulator with Daytona usa 1.

Yeah, ignore what I said in that case, that advice doesn't apply to Model 2 Emulator. As far as I know, there isn't a way to control the music and SFX volume separately in it.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 27, 2024, 04:23:04 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 05:27:17 am »
Yeah, I asked Nuezxx a while back if he could maybe looking into making a hack that allows us to mute the game's music, and he said it's something he'll eventually look into, so if he does, perhaps he can do it the other way around as well.