Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Black Screen with Dual Monitors  (Read 484 times)

Sage39

• Trade Count: (0)
Black Screen with Dual Monitors
« on: August 09, 2023, 04:41:33 pm »
My PC is displaying a black screen on my second monitor which is my CRT.

So awhile back I managed to get CRT Emudriver working on my CRT by following the instructions thoroughly, a few months ago I had to reset my PC because it was having a issue therefore I had to reinstall it but I put that off for awhile until recently. Now when plugging my CRT to my PC all it shows is a black screen even when it says RGB on the side. Going into the Display settings and clicking Detect just shows a white line for a split second, it also doesn’t say “no monitor detected”  like it does when you don’t have a second monitor plugged. VMMaker just says No Monitor-disabled under the Card I’m using, and even with Emudriver uninstalled it doesn’t display anything even with test signing on.

I have a dual GPU PC, My Nvidia RTX 3060 connected to my Alienware Monitor displaying 1920x1080@240hz, and my AMD Radeon HD 7670 connected to my Sony PVM-1354Q with a VGA to BNC cable. I’m also using CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 15 Crimson 16.2.1 non-GCN* cards, as well as my OS being Windows 10.

So far I unplugged my Nvidia Card then plugged the 7670 to my Alienware monitor using the HDMI port while having my CRT still connected and still a black screen, but I got it to display a RGB signal by only having the VGA to BNC plugged despite showing three screens & looking crappy. Plugging another cable to my monitor reverts back to a black screen on the CRT.

I also made sure my CRT display wasn’t screwed up by plugging in my WII, Dreamcast, & PS2 and it displays & looks great.

So any suggestions and help will be appreciated, Thanks.