Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT Emudriver Issue - HD6450 over VGA displays B&W image and out of sync  (Read 570 times)

skeet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2023, 01:55:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hello! I'm brand new here, but have been lurking for a while. A few months ago, I upgraded my PC CRT setup from an HDMI to component converter into a full blown CRT Emudriver setup.

I bought a VGA to component transcoder and a radeon HD 4540 and it worked really well. I was disappointed that super resolutions wouldnt work, so emulation in 240p seemed pretty hard to do. A few weeks ago I bought an HD 6450, hoping to unlock the true potential of CRT emudriver. It came in a few days ago and worked fine connected to my main monitor via VGA. I followed the official guide to the letter, but for some reason, all I could get it to display is a B&W image and the image is all squished and repeating.

Could someone help me out?

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Does all squished and repeating mean two or three side by side near-identical images? And what brand is the 6450?

skeet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2023, 01:55:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Yes. And the card is AMD. I figured out the problem myself however!
My HD 6450 doesn't have VGA out so I just used DVI to VGA connector. Unfortunately, I actually ordered a DVI-D connector instead of a DVI-I one. Whoops! I ordered a DVI-I connector already. Thanks for the reply!