Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: OUTPUT TRIGGER SIGNAL FROM PC TO LIGHTGUN HELP!!!  (Read 824 times)

tangodownNZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2024, 09:59:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
OUTPUT TRIGGER SIGNAL FROM PC TO LIGHTGUN HELP!!!
« on: June 28, 2023, 05:15:53 pm »
Please see message thread to Ultimarc below. I am trying to output a game controller signal (button press) from my Windows PC to a Ultimarc U-HID
The only guy I know who can do this is @Howard_Casto, but sadly he will not respond.
So this is a request for help directed to somebody who knows how to code software to output this signal from a PC as 5 volts.
Its to activate the recoil solenoid on my Ghost Squad Gun. I know about Mame Hooker, but I have tried to get this to work, but it just doesn't work on both my PCs. But actually, I don't want to use Mame Hooker because I want to output the trigger signal in other emulators (not only MAME), such as Dolphin, Teknoparrot and Model 3.

Politely, you don't need to know about anything on the gun side of the U-HID. I only need to get a 5 volt signal out of my PC when the PC acknowledges the trigger button press, in Windows - Game Controllers - Preferences Test Screen.
However, to put it in context. I have a working Ghost Squad gun, gun sense board, fuse board and U-HID connected to my windows machine.
I am happy to pay a programmer who knows what I am trying to do and has the knowledge how to do it. I don't expect to get something for nothing. I just don't know where to find a programmer.

Ultimarc:"The U-HID or Pacdrive could be used. Our SDK could be used, which provides API calls to add to custom software which reads the status of the input device and feeds it into the output device with a 40 milliseconds pulse."

Me to Ultimarc: "I have found your SDK (Software Development Kit), on your website, thank you. The problem I have now though is that I don’t know how to get the SDK to read and output the trigger signal.
Is there a tutorial on how to do this, I am willing to learn. Do you know how to do this and can please share with me. Or do you know somebody who can help me with this. I am happy to pay programming costs, I just don’t know anybody who can help me.

To clarify. When I press the trigger on the gun, it sends the button signal through the U-HID to the PC. This signal shows up in the game controller preferences test screen (as a red light), along with the axis and other buttons. I need to try to find this signal in the computer, in the registry or I/O signals somewhere. Its just getting a bit out of my depth.
I don’t know how to write code or scripts. So I am hoping the SDK can do this without me needing to know how to code ect.

If you can please help me I would really appreciate it. I have tried all the arcade forums but I am not having any luck. Actually somebody told me to try asking Ultimarc"

Ultimarc: "To do this you would need to be able to code in VB or C#"

« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 06:28:39 am by tangodownNZ »

tangodownNZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2024, 09:59:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: OUTPUT TRIGGER SIGNAL FROM PC TO LIGHTGUN HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 05:41:24 pm »
Solved.

I don’t understand people on here who know how what the problem is but choose not to help.

If somebody is asking how to do something and I know the answer I am more than happy to share with them to help the community.

Actually, MAME Hooker doesn’t work. I tried it on two of my machines and I could not get it to even see the mame software. I even directed it to my mame directory and .exe file.
Not only that. MAME Hooker will only work with MAME. So as soon as you use a different emulator you have no recoil.
But you do need to have the recoil signal coming out of the computer. You can not simply wire the recoil signal wire to the trigger. Trust me I have tried it. It seems like it should work but it doesn’t.

So I just plug the recoil signal wire into my U-HID and use the U-HID config utility to send 5 volts to the recoil signal wire.

I know the majority of people on here help out where they can. It just seems to be some of the people with the most knowledge who like to keep the information to themselves. Well if that is their attitude then why are they on here.

Thank you JayBee
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 05:46:23 pm by tangodownNZ »