Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: TETRIS now available for Megatouch Ion 2014  (Read 1308 times)

Megatouchmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:29:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
TETRIS now available for Megatouch Ion 2014
« on: May 18, 2023, 07:43:54 am »
Testing the waters to see if there's an interest in new games for Megatouch.  I've ported an open source version of TETRIS to Ion 2014.  Shows up in the puzzles menu and saves high scores like any other game.

I've had about a dozen or so people successfully test this update. If interested, I'm happy to share.

The update is a ~1.5mb file that you will need to save to a fat32-formatted thumb drive. Boot the megatouch with the thumb drive inserted, and the update should automatically install.

This will only work on original unmodified/unhacked software.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 07:48:58 am by Megatouchmike »

Spank

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:28:55 am
  • I like to help out.
Re: TETRIS now available for Megatouch Ion 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 11:17:40 am »
That looks cool, I'll like to try it out.
When you tap down does it drop the block or go faster if held?

Wonder if Tetrinet is still around. That was a great multi player version of Tetris. would be nice to set up a few megatouches and play against each other.
Am I the only one with multiple games linked? You don't see too many people talk about multi games.

New games added sounds like a great idea, Bring back uno and skeeball I think that was a better version of the later roller game.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:54:30 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 11:46:18 am »
interesting! i'm up for new games!

On the backside, what kinds of games can be "ported" into the megatouch? there are piles of linux games with touch support on "itch.io" could some of those be slotted into it or is there a specific format/particular type of code that has to be used in the game system nativity to run?

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 06:46:03 pm »

Faster

Wonder if Tetrinet is still around. That was a great multi player version of Tetris. would be nice to set up a few megatouches and play against each other.
Am I the only one with multiple games linked? You don't see too many people talk about multi games.

Is there a Linux port for tetrinet? Does the windows version run under wine? That's a great idea

New games added sounds like a great idea, Bring back uno and skeeball I think that was a better version of the later roller game.

Uno for sure. Already have that working on another build. Skee ball will be more difficult due to the 3d rendering and driver issues

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 06:47:42 pm »

On the backside, what kinds of games can be "ported" into the megatouch? there are piles of linux games with touch support on "itch.io" could some of those be slotted into it or is there a specific format/particular type of code that has to be used in the game system nativity to run?

Anything that I can get to compile on a nearly 15 year old OS. I've had luck with some gtk and python games. If there are any you want to see, let me know

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:06:06 pm
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 06:56:51 pm »

Anything that I can get to compile on a nearly 15 year old OS. I've had luck with some gtk and python games. If there are any you want to see, let me know

Lemmings, return fire, and incredible machine.

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2023, 07:35:59 pm »

Lemmings, return fire, and incredible machine.

Find me a version of Dosbox that supports touchscreen

Spank

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:28:55 am
  • I like to help out.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 04:16:58 pm »

Faster

Is there a Linux port for tetrinet? Does the windows version run under wine? That's a great idea

Uno for sure. Already have that working on another build. Skee ball will be more difficult due to the 3d rendering and driver issues

http://servers.tetrinet.fr/ lists some servers still active for tetrinet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TetriNET  does list there that there is a Linux version. I really don't know how hard it would be to find a good source for the files now.
I haven't played in 20 years. Looks like there are a few different versions of the game that came out.

Would they use different drivers in different years? I could see adding more in newer versions for the intel board, but they didn't remove support for the older boards. I think 2009 was the earliest that supported the intel board. Skeeball was in 2008 if I remember correctly. I think Uno was 2007, May have been together at one time. I could be off on the years.