Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need Some help with Troubleshooting  (Read 928 times)

TR__

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2023, 09:51:39 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need Some help with Troubleshooting
« on: May 07, 2023, 12:23:01 am »
My parents have an old Wurlitzer jukebox model 2204. The sound has been deteriorating over the years and has gotten to the point that it no longer really plays. One speaker has something coming out of it that reminds me of the song that was selected, but it is so distorted it sounds like it is behind a brick wall. The other two speakers do appear to be making sound, but it is just a buzzing noise. The speakers are wired in parallel, with the first speaker being the one that has the heavily distorted sound. The other two speakers humm with a louder sound than the music that is playing.

I need help on what I should do to troubleshoot it as I don't want to start buying and replacing random parts in the hopes that I replaced the correct one. On a side note, I also need help as the toggle for the buttons needs to be manually switched every time you want to select a song.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:59:55 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Need Some help with Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 12:52:59 pm »
you are most definitely going to have to rebuild the amp. those caps are going to be drier than a popcorn fart in the middle of the sahara.

TR__

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2023, 09:51:39 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 09:52:16 am »
Thanks, I was worried that was the case. I have to find a manual on how to do that.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:59:55 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 10:00:09 am »
not terribly hard to do, just time consuming.

basically take inventory of all the capacitor values and types, buy them. then match them up and replace them being sure to observe polarity if they have them (recommend replacing one by one so you don't mix anything up)