Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pandora Box DX Individual Game Button Mapping  (Read 1586 times)

ccarbonetx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 08:50:03 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Pandora Box DX Individual Game Button Mapping
« on: April 20, 2023, 09:12:48 am »
Does anyone know a way to change the button mapping for individual games on the Pandora DX?

I know how to map P1/P2 buttons globally using the settings button.  I am looking to map specific games differently than the global mapping.  Robotron, for instance, uses the P1 buttons to fire instead of the P2 joystick like the actual arcade.  Two issues here, first it just feels wrong to use buttons and second, the buttons only go 4 ways (Up, Down, Left, Right).  No diagonal firing.

NOTE:  If I use the MAME emulator on RetroPie (Raspberry Pi 3B+), this option is available...global vs individual.  I already have this setup on another cabinet.  I was hoping the Pandora Box DX allowed the same.

Thanks!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Pandora Box DX Individual Game Button Mapping
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 11:04:24 am »
Team "Pandory" has a discord server where they have all sorts of hacks and stuff for Pandora's box units. maybe check them out. i'm sure they have something there that explains how to change that on a per-game basis.

ccarbonetx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 08:50:03 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 08:48:10 am »
Thanks!  I will check it out.

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 12:48:20 pm »
Another workaround for say ultimate mortal kombat 3 on the snes. You would go into the settings menu within the game and change the controls to the mk layout. Then go back to the main menu and make a save state. Works on games that support save state and games that let you change controls in their menus. There isn't any available options on the pandoras box menu to change individual games without some sort of hack or workaround.

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 08:11:48 pm »
I just jail broke my 3d games plus. It includes correct button mapping for mortal kombat 1-3 and ultimate. As well as some button fixes for other games. You can create your own mame config but I haven't gone down that hole since I was only worried about mortal kombat.