Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Restoring original Battle Gear 2 cabinet, CHD to HDD  (Read 553 times)

rogerrabbitsclone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2023, 06:24:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Restoring original Battle Gear 2 cabinet, CHD to HDD
« on: April 03, 2023, 05:07:09 pm »
I recently came into possession of 28 cabs of varying condition. The first one I'm working on is battle gear 2. One side says "HDD initialize failure" on boot and I confirmed that the internal HD is toast. I have a replacement drive and a CHD for this game. I'm trying to burn the CHD to the HDD but I'm running into issues. Ive tried several burners and even clonezilla but i cannot get this ISO onto this HD. I'm hoping someone here with more knowledge on chdman can help me out.

Convert CHD to ISO:
Code: [Select]
for /r %%i in (*.chd) do chdman extracthd -i "%%i" -o "%%~ni.iso"

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:14:36 pm
Re: Restoring original Battle Gear 2 cabinet, CHD to HDD
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 06:14:49 pm »
Was this from the warehouse in Rancho Cordova?  :)   I almost grabbed that thing (I actually had it reserved originally), but it was just too big and heavy for my house.    I think that one was an import too, as the shifter was on the left side (which was also an optional addon too I think?)

You might try over on www.arcade-museum.com - they're more into restoring original stuff.

Great score though.  Good luck getting it running!

rogerrabbitsclone

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2023, 06:24:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Restoring original Battle Gear 2 cabinet, CHD to HDD
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 06:24:40 pm »
Yes it was! We got everything he had. Two 26ft uhauls and they are now safely in my office. Our goal is to get everything restored with original (see: licensed) hardware and get them into production at an arcade in sonora. I'll jump over to the other forum, thanks!