Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tearing in Fightcade 2 - CPS3 on a CRT  (Read 545 times)

Gunstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 08:31:08 am
  • 2d forever
Tearing in Fightcade 2 - CPS3 on a CRT
« on: January 16, 2023, 04:46:06 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to match my CRT Emu refresh rate to match the CPS3 emulator in Fightcade 2 (FBNeo), I managed to add the correct resolution by editing user_modes but it appears the refresh rate I've used, 59.633333, which I think is the CPS3 refresh rate, isn't correct as it's causing screen tearing. I assume that correctly matching the refresh rate in 'user_modes' will fix this?

VMMaker is showing '59.63' correctly after I set the table method to static

I think my assumption that fightcade/FBNeo is using 59.633333 is what's wrong here, anybody know what FBNeo is using for CPS3? Thanks

Gunstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 08:31:08 am
  • 2d forever
Re: Tearing in Fightcade 2 - CPS3 on a CRT
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 11:08:15 am »
An FBNeo dev confirmed to me that the CPS3 speed they use is 59.59949Hz, this doesn't work with Fightcade 2's emulator, I also tried it with an official FBNeo build (fightcade 2 apparently illegally uses a branched version) and it appeared to have worked, I then intentionally picked an off-spec refresh of 60.000000Hz expecting tearing and it was also fine (thus showing there might be some sort of V-Sync going on). Despite all the V-Sync, and Triple buffering etc being set to off there appears to be something going on with the official build
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 11:48:10 am by Gunstar »