Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Galaga (Namco rev. B) - MAME machine best version of MAME to play most accurate  (Read 1162 times)

john12abey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2024, 04:32:00 pm

Hello All,

Been long time since posting here again! Glad to be back

So I have four different versions of mame 0.73  .116  .180  .224 and all play a little different   oldest one in the cab plays the best firing and moving correctly old computer
newest version I5 computer with Xbox wireless one controller on new tv play like garbage I dont know if its the front end launchbox just found it looking at emulators again.

Question  to play most accurate version of the game what version and front end should I be using ( i did take the pole and .8 people use launch so I will switch or just compile my own?

Thanks John

Pin Cab is the reason I have Came back 10 year old cab still runs great need update soon

el3venth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2022, 08:37:42 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
As per wiki quote:
"The stated aim of the project is to document hardware, and so MAME takes a somewhat purist view of emulation, prohibiting programming hacks that might make a game easier to run at the expense of emulation accuracy." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME

So I would think that the latest MAME is always the most accurate.
Frontend does not matter since it just loads MAME.

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
As per wiki quote:
"The stated aim of the project is to document hardware, and so MAME takes a somewhat purist view of emulation, prohibiting programming hacks that might make a game easier to run at the expense of emulation accuracy." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME

So I would think that the latest MAME is always the most accurate.
Frontend does not matter since it just loads MAME.

that is true, the latest version is the most accurate.

they made some fixes recently to fix the background stars, which were not correct in earlier versions.

later

john12abey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2024, 04:32:00 pm
Thanks for the relies will run latest version!

Thanks John