Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trouble with Ultimarc Ultimate LEDs HELP  (Read 583 times)

Da1truwarrior

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2022, 11:57:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Trouble with Ultimarc Ultimate LEDs HELP
« on: November 25, 2022, 06:58:08 pm »
Hey guys!

I am trying to install my Ultimarc Ultimate i/o board. I plugged the LED button power from the board into the pc's power supply. When I power up the pc, the buttons go on and begin cycling through. They look amazing. Then, they start going out one by one or a few at a time until they are almost all out! I don't have a clue what is going on! Please help guys! Thanks

Ropi Jo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2024, 04:26:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Trouble with Ultimarc Ultimate LEDs HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 02:29:58 pm »
Hi. I don't know the led system you're using but as nobody has chimes in I'll give you a suggestion. Are you taking all power for the LEDs from the PC's USB socket? If so, is the socket cabable of supplying enough power to maintain the 5V?

The USB on my system could not supply enogh power to maintain the 5V when I added a rotary encoder and I needed to add an addidtional 5V power supply.

Easy enough to check if you can use a basic multi meter.