Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Argentinian Pole Position multi-racing cab  (Read 775 times)

guidachu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2022, 05:07:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Argentinian Pole Position multi-racing cab
« on: November 13, 2022, 12:09:18 am »
Hi!, I´m Guillermo from Argentina. I started this project 5 years ago, and i recently finished it.

I want to share it with all of you because i read a lot of info from this forum that helped me to build it. From game and emu settins, to the calibration and mod of the g27.

Well, i bought this pole position argentinian cab in a very bad shape, with like 2 o 3 tons of dust and vey filthy. But it was very cheap.

Mi goal here was to restore it recicling materials that already have in my home, trying to make it the cheapest possible.

I cleaned it, tear it down and started to cut a little so i can put the seat, who was a chair from the 70s that was lying down around here.

Then, i painted it, put the rug previously painted with spray paint, the back glass, mounted the speakers and subwoofer, the modded g27 and the electronics parts, put a led strip behind the marquee and lastly, the pc.

Recently, i finished it sticking the arts using the pole position 2 bezel and clocks with the atari logos.

It has mame, model 2, model 3, gamecube, dreamcast and pc racing games with teknoparrot:

Parts used:

Intel Core I5 4690k.

Asus Z-97 Pro.

16gb ddr3 corsair.

Zotac Nvidia GTX 980.

Ssd 120 gb.

24" lg led monitor.

Win 7 64 bits.

Generic usb gamepad.

Logitech G 27 (brass decoder mod).

2 round arcade buttons.

1 insert coin led button.

1 round led arcade button and a car key.

Generic 5.1 home theater.

1 legless chair.

2 tv speakers (the top ones stopped working).

2 normal speakers.

1 subwoofer.

2 pc power supplies.

1 power strip.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 12:14:12 am by guidachu »