Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Optipac Unhandled exception Atari 4.5"  (Read 503 times)

steverogers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2022, 10:18:26 pm
  • arcade, vpin, jukebox
Optipac Unhandled exception Atari 4.5"
« on: September 04, 2022, 10:13:46 am »
Hi all,
I'm trying to connect an Atari 4.5" trackball to my PC through an OptiPac. This is a new Windows 10 Home N install, on an Asrock Extreme 3 motherboard.
According to your glorious trackball page (http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/Trackballs), the Atari 4.5" trackball requires the jumper to be set on A/HI, which requires a software download. In the OptiPac software I check the P1 Trackball box and hit send, and it throws an unhandled exception error.

As you can see from the image I attached, device manager recognizes the OptiPac as it should, and the OptiPac software is green.
I believe I might be missing a piece of software, or have a bios setting I need to change maybe. I've never dealt with this motherboard previously.

I tried installing DotNET 4.5 (already included with windows) and 3.5, and also every version of Visual Studio from I could find, but the error persists. I tried plugging the optipac into another computer, but nothing happens when I hit SEND.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? thanks for your time.