Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sith Lord Pedestal  (Read 1339 times)

darthpaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 23, 2022, 07:34:53 pm
  • Join, It's your duty
Sith Lord Pedestal
« on: July 25, 2022, 03:43:00 pm »
I decided to dismantle my automated cabinet(sorry DaOld Man) because it got to be too complicated and took up too much space. I have a 50" TV on the wall, so a pedestal cabinet with casters, seemed like a good compromise. I wanted it to be simple to build, that is why I use the base that is use the an Iircade cabinet. These things are built rock solid and at the time only cost $50, I couldn't go wrong using it. I used all the same button, joysticks, light guns, I/O devices, PC and software. The only thing I bought was a new trackball, the old one never worked that good and I wanted a blue one. I reused the original Marquee I created from the automated cabinet as well as the lighted Sith symbols on the pedestal sides. I even repurposed some of the artwork onto the control panel. The casters were needed so I could move the pedestal if I wanted to play pool.

3D printed a button cover for the start button, I also printed one for the stop button.
"You don't know the power of the Dark Side"
Automated Cabinet
Nintendo Pi
PiCubed

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
  • Never grow up.
Re: Sith Lord Pedestal
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 05:03:33 pm »
Looks like a good way to use your space. :applaud:

sealcouch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2023, 09:28:56 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 09:50:31 pm »
I like how you did your control panel. It has stuff that you won't use as often like the big stick and the spinner, but it keeps them out of the way.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 08:15:48 am »
I am just now seeing this. Great work Paul!
Looks real good.