Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovymame and vectrex games not filling up the screen  (Read 1613 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 12:25:59 am
Groovymame and vectrex games not filling up the screen
« on: December 27, 2021, 03:37:37 am »
So im playing with groovymame again, and got to admit this time is working wonders. Im using an rgb samsung tv 13 inch Samsung TXD-1372 same as the 8bit guy on youtube. Amd hd 7450 card, and using ntsc settings on emudrivers. All games, even Mortal combat work out of the box. Nes games on Ubernes work perfec, snes games on zwsnes works perfect to, and sega games work perfec. To bad the 7450 aint powerfull enough for nulldc, but null dc also looks great. But im having a smal problem with groovymame and vectrex games.Im using a horizontal setup, and for vertical games like pacman, i use rocket launcher with bezels to fillup the whole screen. all works fine. the bezel fills up the screen and the game looks full inside the bezel. To achieve this, i created a vertical.ini with "resolution 320x240" inside of it, and that does the trick, i know its not like perfect but the game looks great and plays just fine. If i only use groovymame directly games also openup just fine without the bezel.  On vectrex games however, rocketlauncher apears to have no efect, i have tried created an ini file named vectrex and nothing, and  if i open the game directly in groovymame the game wont open up completly, is like is a samller version , im not sure if i explain myself, would try to take pictures with my ---smurfy--- cellphone. So i was wondering if theres a problem with vectrex system on groovymame or do i need extra steps to make it look better, like from bottom to top and not a small screen at the center. Thanks for your help.

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 12:25:59 am
Re: Groovymame and vectrex games not filling up the screen
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 01:18:08 pm »
So i reallyse that when running vectrex games at a vertical monitor, the screen is smaller and dont fill all the way to top and bottom,  but mame is open all the way, so i used the mame slider options to make the screen fill all the way up from 1 to 1.250 and it looks better. Adjusting one game will adjust all vectrex games.