Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Issue with Dual Ipac Ultimate setup  (Read 2356 times)

Davies023

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 11, 2021, 12:06:23 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Issue with Dual Ipac Ultimate setup
« on: September 11, 2021, 11:22:08 am »
Hello all,

First time builder here! I went with ultimarc RGB buttons and a dual Ipac ultimate set up. Wired everything up and thought I was good to go... Tested right side control panel with Ipac #2, all buttons / joysticks responded, woo!! When I switched over to the left side of the panel with Ipac #1, my LEDs are working, but I only
Have one input.. the only button that is working on the whole side of that panel is Player 1 start.  I’m very new to this, but the only difference between my left and right side is that I skipped a few extra grounds in my daisy chain due to spacing. Could this be the issue? The ground is closed at the end, and when I looked at the right side I hadn’t even closed their ground and it was working properly.   I’m not super knowledgeable about wiring and such, but everything looks like it SHOULD work.

I confirmed it wasn’t a bad Ipac because I swapped iPacs around and functionality remained the same on both sides.. any help is appreciated. My next step is likely to rewire everything on the left but I am wondering if there is just maybe something I missed or something I should look for to test.  If you have suggestions please try to explain like I’m 5, haha. Thanks!

Sicky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2022, 05:21:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Issue with Dual Ipac Ultimate setup
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 04:46:54 am »
Sorry for chiming in, I’m planning my first build with some of the same aspects I just want to follow Incase some one answers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:39:33 am
Re: Issue with Dual Ipac Ultimate setup
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 07:51:53 pm »
You skipped wiring some grounds... on purpose?? :lol

You need to daisy chain ALL of the grounds back to GND on the iPAC for everything to work properly.  Without seeing a pic or a wiring diagram, that is most likely the problem.