Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Samsung CS-21K9MJ for watching anime  (Read 1830 times)

mahmoodx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 02:48:46 am
  • I want to anime on CRT!
Samsung CS-21K9MJ for watching anime
« on: August 08, 2021, 07:16:52 pm »
Hi All

My goal is to watch old anime on CRT TV (I just hate the side black bars in 16:9)
Some shows are Interlaced and others are progressive. I have done some tests below and I want your input if I am doing things correctly.

My current setup:
- Samsung CS-21K9MJ TV 50/60Hz
- Imation Grand Entertainer Media Player connected to the tv through composite cable.
- Usb drive connected to Imation (Video source)
- The electrical frequency in Saudi Arabia is 60 Hz.

Video source:

1) 1440*1080 Progressive
2) 640*480 Interlaced

Setup A:
- TV and Imation are both configured with PAL system
- Video source: 640*480 Interlaced

Setup B:
- TV and Imation are both configured with PAL system
- Video source: 1440*1080 Progressive

Setup C:
- TV and Imation are both configured with NTSC system (TV is NTSC 3.58 to be exact)
- Video source: 1440*1080 Progressive

Results here appear worse to me compared to PAL

- For the progressive show, is it better if I converted them to interlaced (If it is possible)?
- Am I better off with CRT monitor?
- I have a pc with Core2Duo/AMD HD5750/Win7 with crt_emulator, do you recommend replacing Imation with it? (I need VGA to composite for that matter)
- I have noticed that the OSD is shaking (I don't know the technical term for this)
- Is it worth it to RGB mod on this tv ?(Only Anime, I don't intend gaming on it)

I am open to hear your thoughts, it is my first time posting on this forum and I am new to this subject so bare with me|
Side note: Videos are shot on Sony A7s, AVCHD, 24fps, 1/50, f2.8
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 08:16:58 pm by mahmoodx »