Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Asking For Help With Some TeknoParrot Racing Games  (Read 4719 times)

DoghouseReilly

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 01:59:19 pm
  • Now, more than ever.
Asking For Help With Some TeknoParrot Racing Games
« on: June 09, 2021, 07:36:14 pm »
I built a cockpit with H2Overdrive, Sonic And Sega All Star Racing, and Mario Kart GP DX working through TeknoParrot (with lots and lots of trial and error). I just upgraded to a new PC for it, and I'm having a devil of a time getting the TP games to work on the new machine. First question: Does TP support multiple instances on the same PC, in separate folders? It's been a while since I set it up, but I believe I had the three games in separate folders with a full version of TP in each so that once I got ne game working, I didn't want to touch anything else related to TP in that folder.

So I copied these three folders from the old machine to the new one and installed the appropriate VC redistributables (both old and new PCs are Windows 7). For H2Overdrive, I was at first getting an error about having an old executable which is not supported. After some putzing around, it worked, but I have no idea what I did to get it to work. Then I eventually got the SSAR and MKGPDX to at least run. I played H2O some, rebooted once or twice, played H2O some more the next day, then returned to trying to get SSAR fully working (it doesn't accept any input). One thing I did for SSAR was to run the TP auto-updater (which I had turned off for all three folders, again, because I don't want to touch a working TP game), but it wasn't working anyway, so I let it fully update. That didn't help, so I gave up, and went back to play H2O. Now H2O is going back to complaining about an old, unsupported executable, saying the new CRC is 44ff53b4. I'm pretty sure the only thing I did between the last time H2O worked and when it didn't is run the updater for SSAR, but that was in a different folder, and the H2O TP folder should not have received any update. I tried re-copying the working version from the old PC back to the new one, but still the same message pops up. It seems that TP stores some info outside of the folder you run it from, but I don't see anything in my AppData\Local folder, nor is there anything in the registry for TP other than a couple keys with no information.

I'm really only concerned about H2Overdrive at the moment (The Mario game is working OK, BTW). Can anybody tell me how to get it back to working, and prevent this from happening again?

DoghouseReilly

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 01:59:19 pm
  • Now, more than ever.
Re: Asking For Help With Some TeknoParrot Racing Games
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 11:20:54 am »
I found a work-around for H2Overdrive. Something is over-writing or modifying its sdaemon.exe. After I got the error I saw that sdaemon.exe was larger than the one from the old PC. There is also an added file to that folder named sdaemonSrv.exe, which does not exist in the copy of that same folder on the old PC. So now I have a copy of the working sdaemon.exe off to the side, and run H2Overdrive through a batch file, which first copies the working copy of the exe into the H2Overdrive folder before running the game.