Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CHASE HQ ACCLERATOR PEDAL BRAKES!!  (Read 1878 times)

SteveyP73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2021, 07:39:55 am
  • Chase HQ UK
CHASE HQ ACCLERATOR PEDAL BRAKES!!
« on: March 08, 2021, 08:03:17 am »
Hi,

Need your advice and guidance please. I've recently purchased an upright Chase HQ cabinet (UK model.) The accelerator is full on all the time. I did notice the throttle microswitch was very mangled - so replaced that microswitch today. Also I've put the cabinet in test mode and it doesn't show any errors. But it shows accelerator off when pedal is depressed.

So now I can brake if the pedal is depressed, but throttle is full on otherwise. I've unplugged the wiring from brake microswitch and it makes no difference at all. Is this a board issue? Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Steve

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:29:54 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: CHASE HQ ACCLERATOR PEDAL BRAKES!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 09:03:03 am »
it shows accelerator off when pedal is depressed.
That sounds like the microswitch wires are on the COM (common) and NC (Normally Closed) tabs instead of the COM and NO (Normally Open) tabs.
- This assumes that pressed pedal = pressed microswitch.

I've unplugged the wiring from brake microswitch and it makes no difference at all.
So . . . you're saying that with the wires unplugged from the microswitch and neither of them shorting to ground, the throttle registers as pressed and when you manually short the wires together the throttle registers as not pressed?

That sounds like when the pedal isn't pressed the microswitch is pressed, and when the pedal is pressed the microswitch isn't pressed.

Scott

SteveyP73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2021, 07:39:55 am
  • Chase HQ UK
Re: CHASE HQ ACCLERATOR PEDAL BRAKES!!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 12:52:01 pm »
Thanks guys, you were spot on. I had to buy a new microswitch with both open and closed terminals on (the one i had was just closed.) Now the accelerator works a treat. :applaud:

Many thanks

Steve