Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: help with Vectrex games on horizontal monitor.  (Read 1498 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:16:49 pm
help with Vectrex games on horizontal monitor.
« on: March 03, 2021, 02:56:58 pm »
Thanks Mr. Calamity with the emudrivers , groovymame and everything involved. I managed to get me a system with hyperspin, with mame,nes,senes,segas,atari and now Vectrex via groovymame. Everything works just fine, i even use rocketlauncher to launch vertical games with a custome bezel, that together with a custom resolution , they look fine on a horizontal monitor.
I just need help with vectrex games.
At first i tried to use parajve and had many problems with resolutioons so i scaraped it. Then i tried mess and it was to much of a hassle. Ended up using mame and that worked, so i figure and switched to groovymame. Games launch and play just fine, the screen looks a bit small but not to much, so ill leave like that, no biggie, vectrex real screen was small anyway.
The problem i have is, that the games, kind of like flash too much, it does hurt the eyes. Like when the first screen apears, (lets take minestorm for example) everything looks steady and nice, even with  the game scramble. Its when the game starts moving , that things start to flash. I hit the tab, to see if there where any setting i could tweak but  i didnt found non. i know in parajve there are settings for the vectors that you can tweak. So i was wondering if theres something in mame ini i can tweak to either disable the glow or whatever it its on the vectors  or something else. Thanks for your help and time.

Hope this video example helps eto explain.

https://streamable.com/xgjfx8

and this is how vertical games look like, i love them, dont mind the image offlimits, thats a problem im trying to fix on the monitor.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 03:18:24 pm by abispac »