Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GoldenTee Fore - Upgrade Question  (Read 1613 times)

GoldenTeeQ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2021, 11:40:44 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
GoldenTee Fore - Upgrade Question
« on: February 10, 2021, 02:12:29 pm »
Hello everyone, and thank you in advance because I am new here.  I have had a dedicated GoldenTee Fore edition for about 8 years now and I am looking to convert it up to a more recent edition.  I know that they switched boards/hardware or something right after mine, but does anyone have a ballpark on what it would cost for me to upgrade to say a 2013+ live edition.

Thank you all in advance.

Matt

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: GoldenTee Fore - Upgrade Question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 05:01:30 pm »
too much. probably looking at close to 5 or 6 grand by the time you purchase a cabinet ID and a computer, game, and io boards.

better to try and buy used... this is an old price list, but gives you an idea of what you might have to spend...

https://amusement.itsgames.com/downloads/support/2018/parts_list_2018_golden_tee_golf_unplugged.pdf

you may not buy live unless you are an operator. it's a paid service as well as revenue share. you sign a contract and pay monthly fees on top of a percentage of the revenue the machine makes... this goes to IT.

you might be able to buy unplugged version. i don't believe there are restrictions. i know they charge a premium for the software cause the idea is to make you money back by charging people to play it.

they also have home versions for some of their games. perhaps that might be a cheaper route. just call them up, they'll let you know what your options are. tell them what you got, and what you'd like to convert to. the home versions simply don't have the ability to take money and are straight free play.

in any case you are looking at CID, computer and IO. with game software on top of that.

GoldenTeeQ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 03:45:54 pm »
Awesome.  Thank you so much for the advice.  I will be giving them a call in the morning.

Thanks,

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 03:12:48 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 07:13:41 am »
https://goldenteego.com/GTGo/

I think that one is a couple thousand, might be an option if their home version is a bit out of $$$ range..

GoldenTeeQ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 04:00:17 pm »
Thank you all, still waiting on them to respond, (followed up again).  What if I were to simply swap out the monitor, that may help the overall appearance as well.  Anyone have any luck on switching the old monitor out to a LED, assuming I need some type of convertor or something.  Thank you again in advance, sorry for the questions.

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 06:02:14 pm »
the older golden tee boards output a non-standard resolution that may or maynot be picked up by any monitor you place in there.

see my post here:  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,129561.msg1325609.html#msg1325609

ABACABB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 12:37:07 pm
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 07:56:27 pm »
I went this route a few years back and yes these converter boars do work and work well.  For like $30 you can buy the board and put in any LCD/LED monitor or TV that will fit.  The I had my GT Fore connected to a CRT monitor years ago and I recall thinking the colors were not as vivid when I made the initial switch.  Now that it's been a few years and I don't have that point of reference, the colors on an LCD TV look fine to me.

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 03:42:36 pm »
as long as you don't get a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a....

GBS8200, it'll sync up okay enough. it's the copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a...

ones that you buy now that don't sync up worth a damn.